Thursday, February 15, 2024

Do YOU Still Think?

He [Lucifer] wins a great victory when he can get members of the Church to speak against the leaders and do “their own thinking.” He specializes in suggesting that our leaders are in error while he plays the blinding rays of apostasy in the eyes of those whom he beguiles. What cunning! And to think that some of our members are deceived by this trickery…. When our leaders speak, the thinking has been done. When they propose a plan—it is God’s plan. When they point the way, there is no other which is safe. When they give direction, it should mark the end of controversy.


Ward Teachers’ Message, Improvement Era, June 1945, 354. Cited in the article “Cultic Characteristics in Mormonism," by Sharon Lindbloom (with her brackets and ellipsis) in the January-February 2024 issue of Mormonism Researched.


So a Mormon is never to investigate to discern truth from error? So a Mormon can never question the teachings of leaders? This definitely proves that the LDS is a CULT which brainwashes its members.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always wondered why Mormons believed what they believed without testing out the teachings of their leaders. Mormon apologist seem to dismiss this and rationalize that they are not asked to blindly put their faith and trust in their leaders. I also saw this post as a response to yours and had to share it with you. https://apologialdschristianfaith.blogspot.com/

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Anonymous,

So are you for real or just trying to get Mormons to look at the other post. I've encounted a similar example before.

When I get the time I will go take a look; I just took a cursory glace. What I did read gave me a chuckle because I am being rebutted because I cited Mormon teaching!