Thus we see that the LDS Church still teaches the following:
1. God has not always been God, but achieved this position after years of self-effort.
2. Heavenly Father and his wife, Heavenly Mother, were once mortals on another world, ruled by yet a different “god.”
3. Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother are resurrected mortals who have achieved godhood.
4. The goal of the LDS couple is to achieve godhood and become a Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother to their posterity.
5. God, men and angels are the same species, just in different levels of achievement.
In other words, Mormonism is still a heretical offshoot of Christianity.
Cited from the article, “Is There a Mother God?” in the Salt Lake City Messenger, May 2016, Issue 126, pg.14