Friday, August 26, 2016

Mormon Women Fear Eternal Polygamy

From the time Joseph Smith invented polygamy to justify is philandering ways, the Mormons taught polygamy as an eternal doctrine, as published in Doctrine and Covenants 132.  Of course this is in direct contradiction to what God told us in His Word, as I demonstrated in my article, God’s View of Polygamy. (It also contradicts the teachings in their own Book of Mormon: Jacob 1:15; 2:24, 27; 3:5; Ether 10:5).

As polygamy was outlawed it took quite a while for all the leadership to finally end it and denounce it, regardless of what D&C 132 stated.  They then began claiming it is really about celestial marriage and not polygamy here on earth, which, of course, contradicts the plain reading of D&C 132 as well as the teachings of all their former prophet/presidents.

Well it seems the polygamy issue won’t go away.  Research has shown that Mormon women fear the idea of eternal polygamy, sharing their husband with other women.  An article by Jana Riess reviews the book, “The Ghost of Eternal Polygamy,” by Carol Lynn Pearson, a Mormon woman.  Some information gleaned should be upsetting to Mormon hierarchy:

Pearson says, Only about 15% of people said polygamy was just fine, and that they trusted God and it would all be worked out in heaven. The other 85% gave their personal stories of extreme pain and difficulty around those issues. This may be the most egregious “women’s issue” that is still floating out there with no one addressing it. This can’t continue, because it’s just too damaging.

When asked how it was damaging, Pearson states:
Polygamy is still “alive and unwell” in our psyches even if we’re not aware of it. Everyone sort of knows that D&C 132 is still there, and that Emma Smith was told she would be destroyed if she wouldn’t go along with it. But the very specific ways that polygamy damages people in the Mormon community came out in the responses.

For example, the first story I tell in the book is of a woman who becomes a hypochondriac. She’s a young woman, still in her thirties, but she has constant fear that if she dies young then her husband will take another wife. And this will be her lot in eternity, an eternity that she now fears with all her heart.

Especially it’s a terror to sealed widows. A widow who is sealed to her first husband is considered way out of the pool of attractive women for Mormon men to date. One man actually hung up the phone when a woman told him she was a widow. “You’re no good to me” was his reaction, because in the next life he would have to turn her over to her first husband that she was already sealed to. Also, her children from her first marriage and her children with the second husband would all belong to her first husband in the afterlife. I have many stories from people who have written to the General Authorities, begging to be free of this.

This is a horrid ideology!!!  Pearson speaks about those women who hold back “a part of their heart from the husbands because of this fear.”  This certainly is not what God intended for marriage.

Mormons really need to study their history and learn that Joseph Smith was not a prophet of God, rather he was a con artist who was an occultist, was greedy for money, lied about his invention, The Book Of Mormon, and used his power for gratifying his sinful sexual desires while committing serial adultery.  This is some of the “fruit” which proves Smith to have been a false prophet, and the foundation of the false system called the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Learn the truth, learn the true Gospel and turn to the true Christ of the Bible or you will die in your sin.


No comments: